In order to gain a competitive advantage and fuel a company’s growth, there is a need for qualified and highly skilled professionals. To recruit such talent pool, HR recruiter plays the most important role in any organization. A Human Resources (HR) Recruiter is a person who is responsible for maintaining all levels of recruitment throughout the company. Furthermore, in order to make a career in this field, one needs to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Human Resources
- Knowledge of whole recruitment lifecycle
- Know how of employment regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Phone and interviewing skills
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under various situations
- Time management skills
- Project management and judgment skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to keep and manage confidential information
The job of an HR recruiter is to achieve the staffing goals of an organization. Recruitment process usually involves establishing recruiting needs according to the company’s plan, advising managers, building applicant sources, attracting and evaluating candidates. The HR recruiter is solely responsible for the outcomes of the recruitment process within an organization. The recruiter not only handles the recruitment process but also required to take care of the quality of the delivered candidates, timeliness of hiring and costs of the hiring process.
Some of the major roles and responsibilities of a Human Resources recruiter includes:
- Find out and implement best recruiting practices
- Coordinating with managers to determine the requirements for a particular job position
- Build networks to find qualified and suitable candidates
- Advertising positions through various known sources that will attract talents
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Make sure that the personnel requirements for specific position is accomplished in a timely manner
- Manage social media and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Perform reference checks
- Conducting initial interviews, which includes telephonic and face to face interviews
- Partner with other HR staff for planning various activities
- Design recruitment strategy on an annual basis
- Promoting company’s reputation
Job positions available and salary in HR recruiter field
Owing to the growing demand of quality workforce in assorted companies, the demand for HR recruiter is also on the rise. Different levels of HR recruiter jobs position exists in various companies, which include entry level job position to recruitment manager. Moreover, in this career path, one can also opt for other specialized job positions related to HR field such as Career development specialist, junior HR business partner, etc.
The average salary of an HR recruiter in India is in between INR 1, 80,000 to INR 2, 80, 000 per annum.
There is a huge scope for HR recruiters to grow in their respective field. With a good experience and knowledge of related aspects including how to communicate with various people on different positions, how to maintain a healthy relationship with the employees, etc., is surely the path towards the top positions in HR field.