In this age of technology it is almost impossible to run a business with out tools like word programs, computer hardware, accounting and CNC software, and various other technical equipments and programs. Though many times business owners find that the best way to know what you need to run your business is to jump-in head first and learn through trial-and-error what works for you, there are a few typical “must-have”s to consider.
Many publications surveyed thousands of companies from small businesses to major corporations and found similar results when compared. Remarkably, numerous surveys showed and astounding amount of varied programs, hardware, and software in particular, were being used by businesses across the board. Much more than market research experts had anticipated. PC World Magazine published a list of 25 and there is a highly trafficked website called “Software Top 100” dedicated to the topic itself.
Five Of The Most Popularly Used Software For Businesses
* Microsoft Office – Microsoft Office is a phenomenal collection of clerical software programs that are becoming household names. It’s not un-common for individuals to use these programs for domestic organization and businesses rely on them. Microsoft Office includes programs such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook Express.
* Quicken – Quicken is known to be one of the most efficient and widely used accounting programs by small businesses and domestic heads of households. The extended and more complex version, Quicken Books, is commonly used by larger corporations of all fields and proportions.
* CAD & CNC Software – CAD software is an essential part of hundreds of fields of work such as web development, film making, video game creation, engineering and architecture. CNC software, nesting software and CNC machines essential in numerous businesses for maintaining and increasing throughput, labor and material efficiency. CNC programs also help enhance quality control, reduce overhead expenses and the machines and software are eligible tax deductions.
* Adobe Programs – Adobe software programs are a fairly standard and frequently used tool of business professionals of all occupations. It’s not un-usual to have to open files and web pages on public websites using an Adobe reader. Adobe is also the preferred method of creating and sharing PDF files.
* Photoshop – Hundreds of businesses are saving a fortune on graphic designers for web development and marketing graphics for print by downloading Photoshop and similar photo manipulation software. Most fairly tech savvy people with a little creativity can learn these programs in a short period of time and are able to create custom advertising material, logos and graphic web content.
It just goes to show you that the more we advance in business, the more we depend on advanced technology. The more advanced technology we acquire, the more our businesses grow. It’s a not-so-vicious circle leading us ultimately to success. With innovative solutions like CNC software, photo manipulation programs and desktop publishing capabilities there is little reason for failure in business today.
Welcome back economy!